Reaching the young people in your community takes more than simply inviting them to your church. It starts when we mobilize students to reach their friends with the gospel. Our guest on this episode of the Multiply! Podcast is Greg Stier. Greg is the Founder and CEO of Dare 2 Share Ministries. Dare 2 Share loves helping churches equip students to reach their friends with the gospel. Today, Greg and Brian discuss what a Gospel advancing youth ministry looks like, as well as some steps you can take to move in that direction.
Takeaways from this episode
- Gospel advancing ministry – You are fully immersed in the method of Jesus and are relentlessly perusing the mission of Jesus by relationally multiplying disciples, resulting in a radical, Gospel transformation.
- Students need to share their faith right away – they don’t need to wait for “spiritual maturity” to witness. You grow as you go.
- The central call of discipleship is a call to relational risk – their relationships are put on the line when they start to share their faith.
- Intercessory prayer – if you don’t pray for the lost, you are not going to consistently reach (or reach out to) the lost.
- Equipping students to share their faith – evangelistic storytelling as a part of youth group.
- Cause Circle: Prayer, Care, Share
- Pray for people
- Care for people
- Share the Gospel with people
G – God created us to be with Him (Genesis 1, 2)
O – Our sins separate us from God (Genesis 3)
S – Sins cannot be removed by good deeds (Genesis 4 through Malachi 4)
P – Paying the price for sin – Jesus died and rose again (Matthew, Mark, Luke)
E – Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life (John)
L – Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever (Acts through Revelation)
What youth ministries can do now:
- Spend time in prayer
- Teach your students to pray
- Pray for the lost
- Program prayer into small groups and youth group
- Give the Gospel on a regular basis
- Not just for unsaved youth, but also for the saved ones
- We never stop needing to hear the Gospel
- Students will know that their friends will hear the Gospel at youth group
- Create room for storytelling time
- Let students share
Salvation is not a license to sin, it is a reason to serve.
Remember that transformation is a process.
Gospel Advancing website: https://gospeladvancing.org/
You can learn more about Dare 2 Share Ministries by visiting https://www.dare2share.org/.